Thursday, June 09, 2005

Get your geek on!

Here's a chance to express your "inner geek." "Bonnie's Blog" now has R.S.S. which stands for "Really Simple Syndication." What does this mean? It means instead of visiting the site daily to check for updates, you can set up a home page like "My Yahoo!" to automatically let you know when there have been updates to the site.

If you use "My Yahoo!," for instance, just click on the "Add to My Yahoo!" button towards the bottom of the right-hand margin of this page. Your "My Yahoo!" page will now show the headline for each new post that appears on "Bonnie's Blog." The site also has RSS "feeds" for MSN, and a few of the other major news readers, as well.

For a little more help with RSS, and how you can use it, click here for a pretty good layperson's description of RSS. Leave a comment if you have problems, or need help.

PS. I am not a geek!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gib, repeat after me. "I, Gibson Biddle, am a geek. I built my own blog... it's way cool... yes, I'm a confirmed geek."

You wanted comments? You got one!

Don't worry, we love you anyway.

xo,

Blogger Blodge

10:41 PM  
Blogger gbiddle616 said...

I am not a geek.
I am not a geek.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home