Friday, July 01, 2005

Team in Training fundraising opportunity

Below is another fundraising opportunity for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and their "Team in Training" Program. This is a friend of mine, Brian Mott, who lives in Marin and is doing the Pac Grove triathlon in September. Brian would love Bonnie to be an honoree of his, though I haven't been able to talk him into a "Go Bonnie!" tattoo on his biceps, or to shave his head with "B" on his scalp, as yet. Here's his pitch:

Greetings!I am once again raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a participant in their Team In Training Pacific Grove Triathlon and I'm asking you to help by making a contribution. This is the third time I've participated in this great cause and I'm hoping to break my last fundraising total of $6,000.

Each donation helps accelerate cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the front lines of the battle against these diseases. My own family was directly affected when my grandfather died of Leukemia before I was 10 and now I've had the opportunity to meet many involved directly and indirectly with the program who are battling the disease. One of these people, of course, is Bonnie Tonneson, who is in her second remission from ALL and is awaiting a cord-blood transplant.

If you are interested in making a donation, you can use the link below to donate online quickly and securely. You will receive a confirmation by email of your donation and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

Thank you very much for your support. I realize that many of you have donated in the past and I very much appreciate your generosity in supporting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!You can learn more about my efforts and make a donation by clicking here. Thank you once again!

Cheers,

Brian Mott

If you've never given to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or have never been involved with "Team in Training" they are both first-rate and definitely deserve your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home