Monday, September 19, 2005

Brian Mott's Team in Training Fundraising

Here is a photo and follow-up note from Brian Mott who recently ran the Pacific Grove Triathlon, raising $3,300 for the The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in the process:



Dear Friends of Bonnie,

Last weekend I completed the Pacific Grove triathalon and not only did I actually complete the event without throwing out my back but even tied my previous time!(there's hope for us old geezers yet!)

Thank you all for your very generous support. Together, we raised over $3300 for cancer research! I realize that for many of you this has been the second or third time you've contributed to the Leukemia Society for an event that I've done - the Leukemia Society and I very much appreciate your repeated generosity!

Last Saturday, it was a surprisingly beautiful day since the previous day was cold and overcast. For those of you who care about such things, I completed the "kelp crawl" (a.k.a. the swim) in 36 minutes, the bike in 1 hour, 17 minutes, and the run in 48 minutes. Overall (with transitions) a time of 2 hours, 52 minutes- which put me in about the 31st percentile of finishers.

Thank you all again!

Cheers,

Brian Mott

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your GREAT triathlon finish!!! I am a member of the Central Indiana section of Team In Training. Right now I am trying to raise $3900 and training for a 109 mile bicycle ride in Tuscon, AZ November the 19th. It's a great feeling to know that others out there want to help those in need. Keep up the good will, and good luck in all else that you do!
Wavy Mitchell
www.active.com/donate/tntin/wavymitchell

11:18 PM  
Blogger gbiddle616 said...

Good luck in your event, Wavy.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home