Saturday, May 14, 2005

Run for Bonnie -- Note from Charlene Hays

As you all think of supporting Bonnie in her fight against Leukemia, you might also think of running or walking the Nike Women's Marathon and 1/2 marathon October 23 (feel free to do the whole 26.2- I myself will be doing the half!). I am coordinating a team to run in honor of Bonnie (anybody have a good team name suggestion?). If you, your spouse, or your friends would like to participate, please click here to register, then forward your registration to me so that I can put you on our list. Although it is called the Nike Women's Marathon, men are also encouraged to participate.

We will keep a log of training miles to tally at the end (how many hundreds of miles will the team cover?), as well as a total of funds raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Although this is not a Team in Training group, I would encourage all participants to raise/donate funds to help find a cure. We will have a team run once a week (day and time to be determined).

To learn more, or for help planning your training, see the following:

Nike Marathon
Oprah's Half Marathon Training Guide
Hal Higdon's Marathon Training Guide
Runner's World Training Guide

Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Best,
Charlie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home