Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Nike Half-Marathon fundraiser

Here is an update from Charlene Hays on the Nike Half-Marathon. It´s not too late to join!

Hello all-

Sorry for the lapse in communication- I've been out of
town for the past 3 weeks, and head out tomorrow for
another week.

With 16 weeks until race day, it's time to get serious
about training! I have a 16 week training program for
you even- check out the following link:

Nike Half Training Schedule

The dates on this schedule are for a July race, so
just adjust them for October 23. I think this is a
very manageable schedule- if you have any questions,
please let me know.

It seems that Saturday morning around 8 a.m. is the
preferred day of the week for group runs/walks, and I
would like to start next weekend (I'll be out of town
this weekend). I know it is not the most exciting
run, but Sawyer's Camp Trail is marked at every 1/2
mile, has plenty of parking, and is pretty much flat.
If anyone has any suggestions of other places that fit
that criteria, please let me know. (There is a trail
at the bay also, but at that time of day, the tide is
out and it gets pretty ripe down there).

Team t-shirts are in the works, so look for those
soon. Also, I only have an official race registration
from Louisa so far, and although the deadline is
October 19, the race is expected to sell out, so
please don't wait!! Register online at by clicking here.

Best,
Charlie


My knee is getting back to form, so maybe I will join you all. Kristen is in the background saying "I suppose I might join." Then again, it´s 2 o´clock in the morning and she might say yes to anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home